Monday, August 30, 2010

Monday in school was a feeling.....







Thinteresdting thing about the knife fish was that the flesh was so tender you can literally scrap the meat off the bones this the the fish we made taste like pork by adding spices and pounded it in bowls.

Assorted Fish on Ice.



The Culinary instructor was so good at explaing what things were however we litterally ran from point to point as she explained. what thing we were looking at. She informed us we were to start cooking the food we purchased at the market this morning.. I found out that Thai people as people in many cultures who eat frech food shop everyday to get the frshest ingredients in their food.

Today started with a short trip to a nearby market complete with one of the culinary instructors who explained about many of the different areas we ran through to review. As we ran through the market we saw everything from cooked food, fruit, raw meat, and vegetables. One of the things that deserves honorable mention was there was a young lady meating B-Na-Na as our instructor called them and while eating she was handling the meat. You and I both know that would never fly in America. So all I can say is pass the beef.



Today is Monday August 9, 2010, we are on our way to the cooking school I am so excited that I did so well on Sunday.

I made the most delicious fish patties out of knife fish, that really tasted like pork after I got done pounding it in a bowl with many spices. The sauce that goes with it was a perfect balance between sweet and sour.

I felt as if I can really achieve my goals to learn as many culinary styles and tastes as possible. Todays menue consist of:Phad Thai which is a wether dry noodle dish that is famous in America and other places it is known to be a Famous Thai dish:

My Phad thai was of course extra spicy and delicious. I always seem to add a little more pepers so as my dishes are a little more spicy. Next I will prepare for youTom Yam Koong a Spicey and Sour Prawn Soup this dish was very good the only change I made was to add my shrimp at the very last minute so that my shrimp would retain their moisture. I was concerned that the shrimp would become rubbery if I cooked them as the instructor did. The Instructor knew how to cook this meal quickly, but because I was unfamiliar I thought “oh I had better add my shrimp last or I would come up with a dish I should call rubber shrimp:
The dish I have prepare below consist of Green Curry with Chicken, one of the main components of this dish was the eggplant not as we know egg plants , but Thai egg plant is very young and small in size. The small peal shaped egg plants that accompany the dish literally burst in your mouth with a somewhat sour taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment