Friday, August 6, 2010

Jason-Lunch and Dinner Day 1


Had amazing food in the mall, best food court ever!!! Peter had a great idea of switching money cards and buying dishes for another person, "The Grand Switch-A-Roo." A little cautious about it but thats why we're here, to try new and different things. Luckily Laura was nice to me and found a Fried Clams w/ Chili sauce and sticky rice dish that was just amazing. The clams were cooked perfect, and the chili was sweet n spicy that gave it a very nice heat. Definitely going back to the mall for dinner another night!!!





For dinner we took a trip to China Town as a group then split off to try out the restaurants or street vendors. David and myself found a nice place with a menu that looked very promising. We were one of four tables in the place. David ordered Roasted Duck, and I ordered Sweet n Sour Chicken. Yes I know I went half way around the world to order something I could get back home, but I figured why not try it here to see the difference, and I wasn't disappointed. We were served family style with white rice and a chili soy dipping sauce. Both dishes were very good. The duck was nice tender and juicy, and the chicken was mixed with red and green bell peppers, onions, cucumbers, baby corn and pineapple, which gave it an even mix of sweet and sour flavor. Plus i had hot Jasmine Tea which I might have to go back just for that. After we left and met back up with the group we found out that it was a place that the royal family visits on occasion, and I can see why, the food was just amazing. More to come...........


No comments:

Post a Comment